Monday, April 25, 2005

Jackson BITES!

I met a very cool neighborhor about a year ago and to this day we are good buds. And we first met at the only bar I can stand hanging out in in my hood, Budds Bar. Sadly, that little hole in the wall full of drunken Archie Bunkers is now closing. Geez, there ain't much in Queens, but now this? I will go easy on this bourough, it ain't all that bad. I am a Manhattan native that moved out because I wanted more space for my hard earned money. It is a nice place to be and my apartment rocks. But I find the east village is still the only place I can hang in, despite its increasing frat boy prescence. But when I am too lazy to go across the river, Budds sufficed as a nice haven for me and my friends in Queens. Now Budds in getting ready to join the likes of Tupelo, a cool divey punk bar in Astoria. The ONLY other bar I like is the Bohemian Beer Garden in Astoria. But if I am going to travel that far, I might as well go to the East Village.

1 comment:

S said...

I was about to email you about the big BUDD'S party tomorrow night but I see you are well aware of its doors closing -- after 57 years! Come to the bash on Friday night - lots of smoke and drunk young Irish cops!

On another bright side, Seth & I have a new bar for you, my friend: Terraza. It's just off 83 and Roosevelt. We christened it the other night with blogger Ms.Jackson and Sam from The Bravery...
The sweet little lounge has a floating stage...and they make delectable frozen margaritas.