Sunday, December 05, 2004

This ain't no fucking around

This ain't no fucking around- those are the words uttered by Frank Black in the Pixies' song, Planet of Sound- and also my dear friend Kevin's favorite quote of the night. Kevin, Mike, and I drove all the way to Camden, NJ to see the Pixies. Camden was reported recently as the worst crime ridden city in the U.S. It surpassed Detroit which came in second. Now, being a city girl/New Yorker, I've been to a lot of rough hoods- but this place looked like shit. And yet, the Tweeter Center is its own entity and last night it housed one of the best concerts I've seen in a while. This Pixies fucking rocked. I am soooo greatful for having seen them. Its shows like this make life worth living. This is why I take shit from work. Its not because I love my job- its because I need the money to go to CONCERTS. Because I need the money to TRAVEL to these CONCERTS. These shows are my church ceremonies. My music is my savior. Praise the Pixies!

Unfortunately, at 2am after the show I got lost trying to find my way home. Mike was tired and I think wanted to strangle me, though he won't admit it. But I figured it out after two detours where we enjoyed the creepy jasony wooden scenery of New Jersey. We made it home at 3:45 am. I went to sleep still high on the music. Yeah, this ain't no fucking around.

1 comment:

S said...

so jealous. perhaps in an alternate reality i too was at a pixies show this fall. i was totally offered tickets to the garden show a few weeks ago and i let them go because i had to 'rehearse'. how many amazing things have I given up for 'rehearsal'??? though i've been blessed enough to get to live vicariously through my friends' blogs and txt msgs about the various east coast concerts.

i can gauge away if i want to.