I was sock shopping at the Sock Man store on St. Mark's when the employees said, "Hey, its the lead singer from Fear Factory". I looked up and thought, who? I hadn't heard of Fear Factory. Had no clue. But one look at the guy and I knew it must have been a heavy metal band. The employees small talked with him while I was deciding which panty hose to buy. I glanced at him unphased, but still wanted to check him out. I love star sightings when they are not really my star sightings. I can act all cool and nonchalant about it. I find out later that the lead singer's name is Burton C. Bell and that his band toured a year ago. One of employees asked me if I knew who he was and I said no. He then started to chat me up, like wanting to know what music I listened too, etc. After buying the socks I went on Fear Factory's web site just to make sure that it was the same guy. Yep, there he was, the guy that I saw at the Sock Man, who looked like every other guy with long black hair on St. Mark's Place. Made me think of Moby's song, We Are All Stars. Because stars can blend right in, especially in St. Mark's, NYC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment